For agents who have one of the many Droid phones—this article is just for you.
If you receive an error code #9BFF “unexpected error,” this is how you fix it:
- Step 1: Select your “settings” icon
- Step 2: Select – Application
- Step 3: Select – Manage Application
- Step 4: Select – eKEY
- Step 5: Press “Force Stop” while in eKEY
- Step 6: Clear Data, this is located on the same page
- Step 7: Return to your home page and find your “eKEY” icon.
- Step 8: You will need to put in a new Authorization Code; you can call the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® at 850-224-7713 or Supra at (877) 699-6787) to get an Authorization Code.
After completing these steps, you shouldn’t have this problem again—but, if this does happen again to your phone we will need to take the eKEY application off your phone and start over; you will need to come in to the Board office to have this procedure done.
** A good rule of thumb to remember, is if at any time your Droid is having difficulty communicating with your eKEY or fob (which is the little black device used for obtaining a key and releasing the shackle of a lockbox) then power your phone down and take the battery out for 10 seconds—then put your battery back in your phone and power it on again . . . this should take care of any issues.
If you have any questions, please call the Board Office at (850) 224-7713.