We have had success with the following steps if your BlackBerry Curve 9330 displays “No Network Coverage”:
- Find the Options application (sometimes represented by a tool/wrench icon) on your phone’s main page.
- In the “Search” field, type Host Routing Table.
- Find Host Routing Table— when you click it, hit your BlackBerry key (the key with the cluster of dots on it) and click Register Now, then hit OK.
- Go back to the “Search” field and start typing Application.
- Next, scroll down and select “Application Management.”
- Again, in the “Search” field type eKEY— highlight it and push your BlackBerry key, then scroll down and select Edit Permissions.
- Make sure that all the icons display Allow.
- You can change Custom to Allow by highlighting Custom, pushing Enter, and scrolling up to select Allow. Save this change by hitting your return button.
- Finally, you will need to take your battery out for a few seconds and then put it back in.
- Go to your eKEY and it should start updating; you may have to click on Obtain Key first, then select Wireless.
If you’re having other technical issues with your device, contact your cell phone provider or the manufacturer. If you’re having other eKEY issues, contact us at 224-7713, or Supra at 1-877-699-6787.