2015 PR Budget: How did we spend your money?
One of the main goals of the Communications Committee is to inform the public of the value we REALTORS® bring to the transactions that we are entrusted with and to inform the public of the many ways that we contribute to the local community (both on and off the job).
In order to do that, we have chosen a variety of messages that will air in a variety of venues and media:
- We have commercials running in the 56 FSU baseball games. We are also featured as a sponsor with messages like “FSU Baseball is brought you in part by…The Tallahassee Board of REALTORS®. Find out what a REALTOR® can do for you at TBRnet.org” and “Today’s Starting Line-Ups are brought to you by the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS®. Starting the process of buying or selling a home? Find out what a REALTOR® can do for you at TBRnet.org.”
- We are also sponsors of FAMU Football, with two commercials in each game.
- WTXL is hosting the Jimbo Fisher Call In Show and we are fortunate enough to be featured as a sponsor of this popular program, which runs on Wednesdays from 7 – 8 p.m.
- WTXL also features TBR as a “Dedicated to You” sponsor that involves a schedule of public service announcements, a web presence, and production of video spots.
- Century Link Prism Media is another avenue that we are using to get our message out to the public. One of their most popular areas of programming is Nascar. Our commercials will run in many different time periods and programs.
- We have also signed an agreement with WFSU public radio for a combination of morning drive time (Morning Edition and All Things Considered) messages combined with messages airing on WFSU TV in popular shows such as Antiques Roadshow and/or NewsHour, Nova, Nature, Masterpiece Classic.
- Lastly, the local station FOX49 has an “In the News” package, where our ads will appear during their weekday morning news, daily News at Ten, and FOX News Sunday.
With this schedule of programming we are able to offer our message to the majority of the public with enough frequency that they will actually hear what we have to say. There is something for everyone—sports fans, university students, faculty and alumni, Nascar enthusiasts, news and information, and entertaining programming. As REALTORS® we serve the whole community. We feel that with this schedule of sponsorships, public service announcements, and commercial messages we are making the most of the budget to reach the entire community with your message.
2014 Communications Committee Chairman
Coldwell Banker Hartung & Noblin