Tallahassee Democrat – “Real Estate Corner”
Article Submission Policy
We encourage the submission of articles for print in the Tallahassee Democrat and other public newspapers and periodicals. In accordance with all ethical and professional standards of the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®, and National Association of REALTORS®, all articles will reflect the following standards:
- All articles will be written so as to educate, inform, or be used solely for the purpose of educating, informing, and providing beneficial in serving as a resource to relay information to the general public.
- All articles should be written so as to promote the ultimate objective of promoting the benefit of relying on the use of licensed, professional REALTORS® when considering real estate transactions or for general real estate inquiries.
- Articles may in no way advertise, promote, or encourage the use of any sole REALTOR® or use of products and/or services provided by any sole REALTOR® or real estate licensee.
- Articles shall reflect a standard for all real estate owners or potential real estate owners and those engaged in any real estate transaction so that ultimately their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- Articles should be written to further the interests of home and other real property ownership in the community.
When solicited by the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® to contribute to the Tallahassee Democrat with your professional advice, please note the following requirements:
- All articles will consist of approximately 350 words on a topic that represents professional experience, knowledge, or advice as it could relate to, or be used by the general public.
- Authors of all articles shall provide name, address, phone numbers, and email addresses for contact information and identify appropriate credentials for authentication.
- All articles using statistics and/or quotes must properly cite the source of the data or information being disclosed.
- All articles submitted are reviewed and edited at the discretion of the Editorial Committee with respect to grammar, content, and space availability.