SCHOLARSHIPS FUNDED BY THE TALLAHASSEE BOARD OF REALTORS®
James R. Galloway Scholarship | Linda Dix Designation Scholarship
Apply by February 28, 2022: pdf Scholarship Application (278 KB)
The intent of both the James R. Galloway and Linda Dix Designation scholarships is to assist REALTOR® members of the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® (TBR) with professional development opportunities and to signify REALTOR® achievement in educational growth.
- The Galloway Scholarship ($200) is designed to encourage professional development by providing funds to partially subsidize attendance at educational seminars.
- The Dix Designation Scholarship ($400) is designed to assist and encourage REALTORS® to attain NAR professional designations and certifications by partially subsidizing attendance at NAR-approved designation and certification courses.
- Both scholarships will be awarded using objective criteria.
- The Galloway Scholarship is open to all REALTOR® TBR who have been members for at least one year and are in good standing with the Board.
- The Dix Designation Scholarship is open to all REALTOR® members of TBR who are in good standing with the Board.
- Persons applying for scholarships must agree to stay in the real estate profession and a member of TBR for at least one year after utilizing the scholarship or repay the amount received to the scholarship fund within three (3) months of leaving the field.
- Scholarships must be utilized during the year awarded.
- Proof of attendance must be submitted.
- Galloway Scholarship recipients may apply for reimbursement for any professional development courses taken between January 1, 2022 and December 9, 2022, including courses taken before application for and granting of this scholarship award.
- Dix Designation Scholarship recipients may apply for recipients may apply for reimbursement for any NAR-approved designation and certification courses taken between January 1, 2022 and December 9, 2022, including designation courses taken before application for and granting of this scholarship award.
- Request for reimbursement for eligible courses taken before the scholarship is awarded must be made within 30 days of receiving the scholarship award. Request for reimbursement for courses taken after granting of the award must be made within 30 days after completion of the course(s) or before December 9, 2022, whichever is sooner. Any requests made after December 9, 2022 will not be awarded.
- Recipients of the Galloway Scholarship may use the scholarship for any TBR educational offerings as well as educational events hosted or sponsored by Florida REALTORS®(FR), the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), and other local boards of REALTORS®. Recipients of the Dix Designation scholarship may use the scholarship for any NAR-approved designation and certification courses hosted or sponsored by TBR, FR, NAR, or other local board of REALTORS®.
- Successful applicants must agree to speak about their experience at a TBR member meeting selected by the Chairman of the Professional Development Committee.
- Judging will be made by the TBR Scholarship Committee, comprised of three past presidents and the current year’s president.
- Judging will be on a point schedule predetermined by the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® Scholarship Committee. Judging will be made independently and compiled by said committee. Recommendations of scholarship recipients by the TBR Scholarship Committee will be reported to the TBR Board of Directors for approval.